Lemon balm, from the mint family, smells like lemon when crushed, and it blooms white in the summer.
Lemon balm, or as it is known in some regions as lemon balm and lemon balm, is one of the perennial plants that is distinguished by its beautiful aroma, which attracts bees to take their nectar and make honey, and the word Melissa in Greek means honey bees, as it is grown in many regions around the world, specifically European countries, and it is used Its seeds and leaves to prepare drinks, perfumes, etc., and in this article we will introduce you to the health benefits of this herb.
Its native habitat is the Mediterranean basin and western Asia. This herb has been used in folk medicine for many years, when its leaves are harvested before the flowering stage. To be used in various treatments.
Lemon balm plays a great role in relieving anxiety, stress and depression, as consuming it may reduce anxiety and the symptoms associated with it. Like nervousness and excitement.
Lemon balm has shown a positive effect when mixed with various drinks, such as milk, for example. As it improved mood and cognitive functions, and adding this herb to food and drink; It helped reduce anxiety and improve memory and alertness during mental exams.
Regarding the popular uses of lemon balm, the ancient people relied on it to treat insomnia, fever, migraine, stomach and intestinal disorders, dental pain, in addition to neurasthenia, and its aromatic oil was used extensively for inhalation by vaporization in order to relax and get rid of depression, nervous tension and chronic bronchitis.
Benefits of lemon balm
1. Lemon balm for the treatment of thyroid disorders
2. Lemon balm contains volatile oils
3. Lemon balm for treating anxiety, insomnia, and tension
4. Lemon balm for treating Alzheimer's disease and dementia
5. Lemon balm contains many beneficial chemicals
6. Lemon balm for urinary problems
7. Lemon balm for dental pain
8. Lemon balm is used as flavoring
9. Lemon balm for treating cold sores
10. Lemon balm for nervous sleep disorders